49'er California Gold from S.S. Central America Shipwreck
- California was a "gold dust" economy in the earlier parts of the Gold Rush era!
- Paper money wasn't trusted and the US was experiencing a shortage of currency coins
- Because of this, gold dust and gold nuggets were exchanged to finalize commerce deals. Back then, if you didn't have some gold you couldn't buy a cow!
- Fun Fact: If you held this dust back in the day, you could use a pinch to help pay your bar tab. Seriously, people could buy anything with gold dust or nuggets
- Over 25 pounds of gold dust was recovered from the 1857 shipwreck of the S.S. Central America
We also consider requests for dedications & autographs from the "Pawn Stars", just let us know in your message when you press "Make an Offer"!
Free Shipping in the U.S.A! Yes we do ship Internationally!
For any questions regarding this listing or help with orders, chat with us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 702-272-0006
We appreciate your business & look forward to helping you bring home a piece of history!